To visit NEW ZEALAND for short business trip – conference, negotiation, or exploration, you will need NEWZEALAND Business Visa.
If you’re an experienced businessperson interested in being self-employed in your own business, our entrepreneur visas could be for you.
Most people start out on a Entrepreneur Work Visa, which allows you to move to New Zealand and buy or establish a business. After either six months or two years you can then apply for residence under the Entrepreneur Residence Category.
This three-year work visa is structured in two stages:
- Start-up stage: If your application is approved, you will initially be given a 12-month work visa, enabling you to buy or establish your business in New Zealand.
- Balance stage: Once you have proven that you have taken steps to establish your business, you’re granted the remaining 24 months of your visa.
Requirements for this visa include:
- minimum capital investment of NZ$100,000 (excluding working capital)
- 120 points or more, with points awarded for factors about the likely success of the business and its value to New Zealand
- clear business plan
- clean recent history of bankruptcy, business failure and fraud
- health, character and English language requirements.