The Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) is a permanent residence visa for points-test skilled workers who want to work and live in Australia after being nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency.
To be able to apply for this visa you need to submit an expression of interest and then be invited through SkillSelect to apply.
You can be in or outside Australia when you apply and when the visa is granted.
This is a permanent residence visa. It lets you and any family members who have also been granted this visa:
- stay in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
- sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia).
To be able to apply for this visa, you must first submit an expression of interest and then be invited through SkillSelect. If you receive an invitation, you will have 60 days to apply online for the visa. During that time, you cannot change the information in your expression of interest.
STEP 1: Apply English test through us.
STEP 2: Pay Registration and Assessment fee, if you secure a score which is equivalent to COMPETENT (6 in each module) english or ABOVE.
STEP 3: Send us required documents (Check List).
STEP 4: ASSESSMENT.
STEP 5: EXPRESSION OF INTEREST.
STEP 6: STATE SPONSORSHIP.
STEP 7: VISA INVITATION.
STEP 8: PAY DEPARTMENTAL CHARGES.
STEP 9: VISA GRANT LETTER.
STEP 10: Plan your trip.
STEP 11: Notify us, if any changes in your contact details (It is your responsibility, to notify the department about any changes in circumstance).