To get this visa, you must be married to or in a de facto relationship with an:
- Australian citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- eligible New Zealand citizen.
The Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) lets you:
- enter Australia and stay here until a decision is made about your permanent Partner visa
- work in Australia
- study in Australia, but with no access to government funding
- enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses.
If you are later granted a permanent visa, you can:
- stay in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia
- apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
- sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- receive some social security payments
- travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted – after that time you will need another visa to enter Australia.
-> Estimated Cost for Partner Visa (subclass 309/100) – Rs. 364,000.00